How to Become a Writer in Medium Publication-Better Advice
Welcome to better advice!
If you want to publish your article in Better Advice, Follow our guidelines.
We accept both drafts and published stories.
- Articles should be readers friendly, and it should add value to the reader.
- Content quality should be good, and the article should be well researched.
- Support your article with facts. Remember, add a source link.
- Your article should contain advice or lesson for the reader how the reader can live a better and happier life.
- We prefer articles with three or more than three-minute read time
We publish self-help articles. Our submission guidelines change, so check back here from time to time.
We are accepting unique advice or personal stories. Submission should be related to the following topics.
Self-help: Life lessons, self-improvement, personal growth, and better advice that can add value to the reader’s life.
If you are a writer who writes about business, entrepreneurship, or marketing, you are welcome in the Better Entrepreneur publication.
What we don’t accept
- What we are not accepting? We don’t accept complex articles which are too difficult to understand.
- We reject articles that don’t back their quotes and facts.
- We receive drafts that contain lots of grammar mistakes. We reject them without thinking about how good the content was.
I recommend, use Grammarly or any other grammar-check software.
- We don’t accept articles with interviews and no clear takeaways.
- Posts that are like a chapter of some school book and not throwing a good impression on the reader's mind. Stories with no clear advice or takeaways.
- We don’t accept stories about medium in Better Advice.
- We do not accept plagiarized content.
- The story title should be clear and not a clickbait one. The story title should be like this “How You are deluding yourself by fictionalizing your memory.” Titles like “How life changed” are not throwing a clear message. We don’t accept such articles.
- Please capitalize your title correctly. You can use the title case generator in this regard. Subtitles should be in sentence case. The title and subtitle should not be too lengthy.
Readers remain on your article for 5 to 10 seconds if they found your article interesting they will go for it; otherwise, they will leave. So work on the introduction.
- Your introduction should be catchy.
- The image should be of high quality. Give credit if you are using pictures from the free platform like Unsplash, pixels, etc.
- If you are using your own picture, or photography give credit by writing “Image by author”.
- Use medium curation guidelines while writing your article. If you want to get an idea about formatting, Read this article, How you are deluding yourself by fictionalizing your memory.
- No ads or promotional links in your article.
- We accept or reject the article within one day. In some cases, it takes two days but not more than that. You will get a notification either your article is accepted or rejected in a publication.
- Our main focus is on quality. We do not accept lengthy articles with no quality content at all.
- We prefer stories with 4 or four-minute plus read time.
Articles for you
You can get an idea from these articles about what we are looking for and what type of articles are best fit for Better Advice.
Art of Developing Logical Thinking Skill
If you speak, speak optimistically. If you do, do good deeds. If you think, think logically.
We revolve around these tags.
- Personal growth
- Life Lessons
Become a writer
Fill out this form, and we will add you as a writer.
- We accept those writers who had already written at least 5–10 stories.
Writer Form Here
After becoming a writer, you are welcome to submit your story in “Better Advice”.
If you have not been added as a writer or removed from our writer list, then it’s probably because,
- You had not written a single story yet.
- You are not active on medium for too long.
- Your already published stories do not match the scope (about) of Better Advice.
How to submit a story
Once you are added as a writer in better advice, you can submit your story by following these procedures.
- Click the three-dot button at the top right corner of the page.
- Select “add to publication”.
- Choose “Better Advice” from the list.
- Click add draft to submit your story for review.
For queries, you can add a response.